Anthon’s Landing Jetty
Anthon’s Landing Jetty served as the town’s only landing point from 1885 to 1919.
The original ‘makeshift’ jetty was replaced in 1894 by a T-shaped structure, which included a cattle ramp, so live cattle could be shipped to the Fremantle market. Some posts from the original cattle yard still remain at the site. This jetting was destroyed by fire in 1944. Pylons from the original wharf built in the 1880’s can be seen at low tide.
Nearly seventy years later a new award winning recreational fishing jetty was built in its place, and was officially opened in February 2012.